About this episode: This week we bring you another successful indie entrepreneur. Alexey has been making a full-time income with his ecommerce store. He’s also been building his stock portfolios, YouTube channel, and freelancing business. Alexey is the epitome of a successful indie entrepreneur with an amazing indie stack. In this episode we’ll be discussing B2B vs B2C ecommerce, Fulfillment by Amazon vs Etsy vs Shopify, why you should start an ecommerce store literally today, dropshipping, value-adding, niche vs general products, Facebook Shopping and Instagram shopping, and so much more. You won’t want to miss this episode.
- Scout Out: http://www.scoutoutapp.com/
- The biggest thing is finding where your passion is then to add value there.
- Find the audience within your niche.
- B2C ecommerce > B2B Ecommerce.
- Sell 10,000 items to B2C customers or 10 to B2B.
- B2B is great if you can find an underserved niche and you have the audience and contacts within that niche.
- Alexey wants to get into theme stores.
- Ecommerce is fairly passive and scaleable, but the more customers the more customer support you have.
- Alexey’s stores are currently split between Etsy and Amazon.
- Customer support, managing listings, returns, updating prices is all general support for any ecommerce store.
- On average keeping up an ecommerce store is about 4-8 hours a day.
- Marketing for his ecommerce store hasn’t been effective.
- You need a solid marketing budget.
- With Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) you don’t need to do customer support.
- You lose more money doing FBA.
- Learn where your audience is when choosing a store.
- You must really understand where your value add is to the consumer.
Intro Song: Joakim Karud – Rock Angel